Monday, April 20, 2015

What I Did This Weekend

I had a long eventful weekend so this will be short and, hopefully, sweet.

I took a break from DWF screenings to spend Saturday and Sunday managing the Society ofChildren's Book Writers and Illustrators (SCBWI) booth at the Los Angeles TimesFestival of Books. It went very well.

On Sunday, I had to slip away from the festival to attend a memorial for a friend from my theatre days. It was a beautiful service that got me thinking and feeling. My friend was not only a successful actor, but also a fantastic person. He had two great kids who he and his wife raised to perfection. He took life as it came, with a pragmatic approach to solving life's problems.

Why do I bring this up here? As a reminder.

We artist of all disciplines sometimes get lost in our work. We can lose sight of what is important. In trying to hold up a mirror to life, we sometimes forget that we must also live. Our books, our paintings, our performances become important to others, but our lives are what are important to us.

Or, they should be.


Live well. Stay in the moment. 

2 comments:

numero tap portugal said...


Merci pour chaque publication.
Ils sont très importants après !!!
Félicitations et vont de plus.
Gracias
baiser

jalake0817 said...

Hello there! Are you looking for writing help company? So, this paramountessays.com/college-homework service is the perfect option for pupils who need help. Our pro writers are always ready to give you the outstanding help to all the customers and ensure they don't lose their valuable points.